01 / My favorite Portraits of 2016 / Blurb Book Cooperation

Februar 10, 2017


A few days ago I got something special in my mailbox. It's a photobook with a collection of my favorite portraits taken in the last year, which I created in cooperation with Blurb. Thanks to their Lightroom integration I was able to use my photos from my Lightroom catalogue directly in the program to create my photobook for print and in digital formats. This tool allowed me to use my photos in full quality and full size. 

The process to create the book was very easy and a lot of fun. I loved searching for my favorite shots and arranging them into compositions with the many possible book templates and formats. It also inspired me to print more photos such as my photos from Thailand and Cambodia into a book. 

A picture of the process. My first step was to choose the photos for the book and I put them in a folder. After that I started to experiment with layouts and compositions. In the end I decided to keep it simple and add a minimalist touch with white borders and simple compositions. But if you want you can add some color and make mashups.


Even Oscar is interested in the book.

The idea to collect portraits taken in one year into a book is not really a new one, but preserves this time into something that can last forever. Files can be deleted or forgotten, but a book will always find a place in a shelf and one day somebody will notice and open it again. That's why I plan to order a book of my past years work every year. Wouldn't it be amazing to have a collection of books named 01 to 25 one day? A collection of many different photographs, many different people in different times. Each book will show your progress and will be a figurative reflection of your own view in that time. 
That is the idea behind my little book. 


I let my cousin Matilda take a first look into it. She is displayed very often, because she lives right next to me and is always up for a little photoshoot.




Technically I made this book just for myself and to start a collection. But the team of Blurb made it possible to order two copies of the book. That means I am giving one of the copies away. For free.

To enter my giveaway all you have to do is head over to my Instagram account for all of the details! 

You Might Also Like

1 Kommentare

  1. Super gut, ich mag so minimalistische Fotobücher total.
    Und tolle Idee, mit den Jahren. Nehm' mir auch schon ewig vor meine mal fertig zu machen...schlimm haha.

    AntwortenLöschen

Instagram @vincentbrod

Like me on Facebook

Empfohlener Beitrag

London I

Subscribe